An advanced hydrodynamic vortex separator designed to treat high peak flows, it provides reliable capture and retention of fine and coarse particles, hydrocarbons and floatable debris from stormwater runoff. The Downstream Defender® has been carefully engineered so that the internal components isolate pollution storage areas, ensuring the captured pollutants are retained, even during high flows.
The Downstream Defender® is an advanced hydrodynamic vortex separator, designed to create a low energy rotational flow to facilitate pollutant separation and capture. The Downstream Defender® provides efficient capture and retention of fine and coarse particles, hydrocarbons, oils and floatable debris from stormwater runoff.
The Downstream Defender® can accommodate a wide range of flows and other site-specific requirements due to its innovative design. It is the perfect choice for catchment areas likely to contain high quantities of pollutants.
- Pre-assembled to facilitate ease of installation
- Integral high-capacity bypass diverts large peak flows without the requirement for offline systems
- Enhanced vortex separation generating a long flow path to ensure capture and retention of pollutants
Sizing for the Downstream Defender® is determined by design flow rates to meet a water quality treatable flow rate. Each device has a maximum treatable flow rate and a maximum peak flow rate.
Halgan supplies a variety of designs for the Downstream Defender®, catering for: variable depths to invert, required treatable flow rates, WSUD MUSIC Modelling requirements.
The unique flow-modifying internal components also minimize hydraulic losses. There are no internal weirs or orifices; large clear openings ensure low head loss at peak flow rates with little risk of blockages that cause upstream flooding.
The Downstream Defender® can be used to meet a wide range of stormwater treatment objectives. Selection and layout of the appropriate Downstream Defender® model depends on site hydraulics, site constraints and local regulations.
- New developments, retrofits, utility yards, streets and roadways, car parks, industrial and commercial facilities, wetlands protection
- Pretreatment for filters (Up-Flo Filter®), infiltration and storage
- Water Sensitivity Urban Design Projects (WSUD)
Contact us for a quote
Call us on 1800 626 753 or submit an enquiry online and we’ll happily respond to any queries you have.
Our emails are monitored throughout the day, so we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.