Halgan Environmental sediment traps have been designed to reduce Total suspended solids (TSS) and Biochemical oxygen demand over a period of 5 days (BOD5). This is useful in applications with high levels of organic matter, which require a large amount of dissolved oxygen to enable bacteria to consume organic matter.
Halgan Environmental sediment traps have been designed to reduce Total Suspended Solids (TSS) and capture heavy sediment and sludge in various applications.
The Halgan Sediment Traps (HSED) are sized depending on the daily inflow of wastewater and consist of several chambers in flowing by gravity.
The trap starts with a sedimentation chamber, fitted out with internal baffles designed to capture heavy sediment, sludge, total suspended solids and is equipped with a Surge Control Device (SCD) that acts as a filter and flow regulator before reaching the next chamber, which allows for additional detention.
Additional chambers can be added for pH dosing or any other pollutant correction if required with the process, according to local authorities.
- Gravity operated
- Surge Control Device (SCD)
- Blower/compressor feeding diffusers to deliver oxygen to the system (optional)
- pH correction dosing (optional)
- System is calculated for specific effluent pollutant targets
- Control panel/control switches (if required)
- High-level alarm to prevent overflowing (optional)
- Sediment detention zones
- Stormwater detention
- High sediment concentration sites
- Concrete plants
- Construction sites