Halgan Environmental has developed a range of full retention Oil in water separators in order to capture oils, fuels and light liquid from a range of applications, as well as suspended solids and sediment for a wide range of flows.
These devices have been designed to treat stormwater runoff from commercial and industrial applications depending on the specific project requirements, it’s capacity can be calculated according to maximum treatable flow or the maximum volume of light liquids and sediment to be retained.
Available in single or dual chamber versions, the Halgan environmental Oi Water Separators OWHS/OWHR are designed as per European Standard BS EN 858.1. 2002, to achieve a water discharge quality of less than 5mg/L of total petroleum hydrocarbons. Treatable flow rates range up to 100 litres per second. Pipe sizes range from 100mm to 450mm. (larger sizes are available upon application)
- Pumped and gravity operated unit, with no moving parts, allowing for easier maintenance
- Full retention separator – with or without bypass
- Coalescing element – allows small, light liquid droplets to coalesce and combine into larger droplets with greater buoyancy, in order to remain trapped in the separator to allow for a quality effluent of 5mg/L or less
- Hydraulically designed and engineered inlet which aides in calming and evenly dispersing the incoming wastewater while preventing fire and inflammable vapours passing through to the drainage system
- The specially designed outlet allows the cleaned wastewater to exit the separator, retaining the separated sludge, oils or fuels
- Single or dual chamber options available, depending on required treatment, in order to retain light liquid at different inflow rates, for retaining Total Suspended Solids (TSS), sediment as sludge, Oil and Grease (O&G) and Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH)
- Automatic closure device capable of shutting off the separator in cases where the accumulation of light liquid reaches a predetermined threshold, to prevent light liquids exiting the separator in case of a spill (optional)
- Oil and sludge sensors (optional)
- High-level alarm (optional)
- Manufactured from Australian Standards Certified Polyethylene material.
- Acid and Hydrocarbons resistant providing long service life
- Lower disposal costs due to patented servicing channel on the base of the vessel.
- Light weight design for ease of handling, installation and maintenance.
- Finite Element Analysis on vessels
- Mechanical workshops
- Refueling stations
- Vehicle washing bays
- Transmission stations
- Service stations
- Resource recovery facilities