Our stormwater separator captures and retains sediments, litter and floatables. Through low-energy vortex separation, the First Defense® eliminates the agitation of captured pollutants to ensure they are not washed out during subsequent storm events. The First Defense® is available in various sizes and works with multiple inlets and pipe sizes.
The First Defense® High Capacity is a stormwater treatment device that combines a high-capacity stormwater treatment chamber with an integral peak flow bypass to efficiently capture and remove pollutants. Through its enhanced vortex separation, sediment total suspended solids, litter and hydrocarbons are removed from stormwater runoff without washing out previously stored and captured pollutants.
- Pre-assembled to facilitate ease of installation
- Integral high-capacity bypass diverts large peak flows without the requirement for offline systems
- Enhanced vortex separation generating a long flow path to ensure capture and retention of pollutants
The First Defense® High Capacity is available in multiple model configurations and sizes, and customizable to accommodate a wide range of pipe sizes and peak flows.
Sizing for the First Defense® High Capacity is determined by design flow rates to meet a water quality treatable flow rate. Each device has a maximum treatable flow rate and a maximum peak flow rate.
Halgan supplies a variety of designs for the First Defense® High Capacity, catering for: variable depths to invert, required treatable flow rates, WSUD MUSIC Modelling requirements.
The First Defense® High Capacity is also frequently paired with the Up-Flo Filter® for best practice and results.
- Stormwater runoff treatment at the point of entry into the drainage line
- Pretreatment for filters (Up-Flo Filter®), infiltration and storage
- Water Sensitivity Urban Design Projects (WSUD)
Contact us for a quote
Call us on 1800 626 753 or submit an enquiry online and we’ll happily respond to any queries you have.
Our emails are monitored throughout the day, so we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.